My friend Airman00 has made a cool little board that I intend to use as a sensor/servo interface for my ER1 kit. What makes it so special? Well, there are several reasons:
- it has USB connection with the motherboard (or laptop)
- it has 3 pin connectors to easy plug in servos and sensors
- it has I2C interface for sensors like Compass, Sharp IR…
- it has 6 analog to digital converters (4 available if I2C interface is used)
- it is programmable using Arduino software, that has libraries for everything, including a computer communication software called Firmata that can be accesed directly from Python.
Right now I am waiting for my Roboduino kit to arive, I’ll be back with new info after I install it on the robot.