I made a new robot controller, called the µServotino, that allows a user to build a legged robot that uses up to 12 hobby servos.
- 12 servo connectors, with power directly from the battery, digital pins D2-D13;
- 6 sensor connectors, with regulated 5V, analog pins A0-A5;
- UART connector, GND, Rx, Tx, plus adjacent 5V and GND for each signal pin;
- ISP connector;
- FTDI connector;
- Reset button;
- power switch and LED;
- D13 LED, can be disabled by removing the J1 jumper;
- screw terminal connector for battery;
- low dropout voltage regulator, allows 6V batteries.
Here is the schematic:
Here is the PCB layout:
And finally, here are the pictures of the board:
Compare it with the µBotino:
Latter I’ll upload a picture with the board assembled and the first tests.
Ok, here’s the assembled board:
And here’s what you can do with it:
Tests after I’ll upload the bootloader…